Let me start by saying that I’m not a good cook. I can make probably 3 or 4 things (mostly pasta) and all these things are quite similar to each other. I cook for myself about 3 times a week so most of the time, I just rotate among these 3 or 4 things so that I don’t have to eat the same thing every single day.
Being a vegetarian, I eat a lot of fruits. On average, I eat about 3 types of fruits per day. For example, today I ate a bowl of grapes, some strawberries and a pear. I just love fruits.
Today, I made myself a spaghetti with spinach, mushroom, veggie burger patty, topped with cream of mushroom! It may not sound/look very appetizing but it is easy to cook and tastes good.
Here are the steps to make the spaghetti:
- Put the veggie burger patty in a preheated oven (400F) and set the timer to 13-15 minutes.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Wash and slice up the white mushrooms.
- Wash the spinach.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot of boiling water. Let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pot of boiling mushrooms. Let them boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Since I had cooked extra spaghetti last night, I didn’t have to do it again today. Otherwise, just put some dried spaghetti into a pot of boiling water and let them boil for 10 minutes or so. Make sure that you stir the spaghetti once in a while. After 10 minutes, drain the spaghetti and blast them with cold water! This will prevent them from sticking together.
- By this time, the veggie burger patty should be ready. Cut it into smaller pieces.
- Put the spaghetti, cooked mushrooms and spinach, and pieces of veggie burger patty into a pot.
- Add in the canned cream of mushrooms. I don’t know about you but I love cream of mushroom so I usually add the whole can.
- Add about half a can of water into the mixture.
- Put the mixture on the stove and let it boil for 3 minutes or so. Stir continuously.
- You can spice it up by adding seasonings. I usually add a lot of pepper.
That’s it. You just cook yourself a quick (and tasty!) meal.